India is the land of Festivals & Traditions. As a part of protecting our festivals, culture and tradition, RDF Kalleda School held nine days local festival of Boddemma. All maidens visit ant hill and dig the hill and make clay idol of Goddess Boddemma with five steps and decorate it with flowers, turmeric, areca nut, wicks etc., As per tradition each step reflects offspring. During the festival all maidens dress up in traditional dresses and sing songs. On the last day the idol is immersed in village tank with huge procession. The common belief is that if Boddemma is worshipped, the Earth Goddess will be pleased to yield good crops and health and also get good husbands to maidens.
Search RDF for:
- The Fine Art of Caring rdfblog.wordpress.com/2020/07/08/the… 4 days ago
- A Special Girl with a Special Skill rdfblog.wordpress.com/2020/07/04/a-s… 1 week ago
- Girl power! rdfblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/27/gir… 2 weeks ago
- Government Support for Board Examinations rdfblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/24/gov… 2 weeks ago
- Creating Terrific Teaching Learning Materials rdfblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/20/cre… 3 weeks ago