India is the land of Festivals & Traditions. As a part of protecting our festivals, culture and tradition, RDF Kalleda School held nine days local festival of Boddemma. All maidens visit ant hill and dig the hill and make clay idol of Goddess Boddemma with five steps and decorate it with flowers, turmeric, areca nut, wicks etc., As per tradition each step reflects offspring. During the festival all maidens dress up in traditional dresses and sing songs. On the last day the idol is immersed in village tank with huge procession. The common belief is that if Boddemma is worshipped, the Earth Goddess will be pleased to yield good crops and health and also get good husbands to maidens.
Search RDF for
- rdfblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/31/456… 2 days ago
- Play makes Learning Fun! rdfblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/28/pla… 1 week ago
- A Fine Student’s Passion for Fine Arts rdfblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/21/a-f… 2 weeks ago
- Anusha’s Personal Growth with Farming rdfblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/14/anu… 2 weeks ago
- A Young Conserver of Traditional Crafts rdfblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/10/a-y… 3 weeks ago